Hi friends, happy Thursday! I hope you’re all doing well. It’s that time of the year, the time where we look back at all the goals we set for ourselves in January and see if we stuck to them… spoiler, I probably didn’t! 😂
I started my check-in goals post by saying I didn’t remember what my goals were… I’m here to tell you, I don’t remember them again now. I have a lose idea of what I wanted to achieve for myself, but I haven’t been checking things off a list.
Participate in the Goodreads Challenge & Beat the Back List Challenge.
I get a half point for this. I finished my Goodreads goal of reading 95 books back in October. I’m currently sitting at 143/95 books!
As for the Beat the Backlist Challenge… I haven’t been keeping up with that. Even at the beginning of the year I wanted to loosely follow the prompts… but that just didn’t end up happening. I just looked up the prompts and I’ve read about 30 books off the list out of 52, so not bad!
Read More Diversely.
Since July, I’ve completed the 2021 Canada Reads long list and I’ll be posting about it in the coming weeks.
As for reading diversely, in July I had read 17 out of the 54 books I’d read. Now out of the 143 books I read (mind you 31 books are by one author due to all the Goosebumps books I read) so I’ll change the number to 113, 35 books were of authors of colour. Well, I don’t think I did any better than I did at the beginning of the year. Something to work for 2022.
Phew, it’s been a long year of posting every single day on Instagram, but I’ve somehow (almost, still have 1 day to go!) managed to keep it up! It was a goal of mine to try my hand at at 365 Day Project again and I’m happy that it was a success 10 years later!
Follow More Blogs.
Again, I’ve been slacking on this for the second part of the year. This is something I’m hoping to pick up in 2022.
Start Weekly Updates.
I can say with confidence that I did this! My last weekly update will be going up tomorrow. This was a fun way to share things, but weekly updates can be very demanding in that weeks pass by very, very quickly, so I will be going back to monthly wrap ups in the new year. I’ve always wanted to try weekly updates, so I’m glad I gave it a shot and determined it’s not really for me.
Ride My Bike More.
Nope, nope, nope. After writing my post in July, I didn’t touch my bike at all. I started to get into a rhythm of riding it every Saturday morning, but then I got my first covid vaccine and that made me feel tired so that derailed everything because from that moment on I stopped riding my bike on Saturdays… or any day for that matter.
Be More Active/Healthier.
It’s time for the mini goals:
My active goals were:
- Go for a walk at least 3 times a week. Woohoo! I killed this one! I go for a walk every day (minus the weekends). Rain or shine, show or wind I go for a walk, so this one was a walk in the park! 😂
- Ride my bike at least once a week (weather permitting). Just look above, just nope, nope, nope.
- Continue to stretch every morning. This one is another that I can fully say I have done every single day!
My healthier goals were:
- Drink at least 4 glasses of water a day. This is something I’ve gotten very good at doing (although the day I’m writing this I’ve drank more coffee than water… oops!) but this one is a win!
- Eat fruit/or veggies once a day. I’ve been really good at this on week days, weekends are still hard for some reason. It’s like the weekend rolls around and I just forget to do all the healthy stuff.
- Try to eat from all four food groups every day. Eh, I’ve completely given up on this one because it doesn’t seem as important as it once was.
Continue doing my favourite hobbies.
- Knit a blanket. In July I had noted that I had finished my first blanket, and I had started blanket #2… I’m still working on the second blanket. It’s going to be a big one so I’m happy to keep going. I’m hoping it’ll be complete around the end of January, but we’ll see!
- Take more photos. Well, I have over 1000 photos on my phone from this year alone… so yes, I think I can say that I did this one really well!
- Bake at least once a week. I laughed in July when I wrote my check-in post because I’ve barely baked at all this year. I did bake for the first time last week… and that was a bit of a flop. I put too much batter in the pan and so it burnt on one side, didn’t cook on the other and spilled all over the oven 😅
- Continue French with Duolingo. Yes! I can say that I’m still going strong. I was at 585 day streak back in July, now I’m at a 767 day streak, so I’m proud of myself. There are still badges every month, but it’s not as challenging as it once was. Each month is to gain 1000XP points and recently I’ve been doing almost 2000XP points, so my motivation on completing these is a bit whatever.
Work on me.
Back in July I said that this was a work in progress, and it still is. I’m never going to be perfect so I’m always going to be working on me. I think next year I’m not going to add this as a goal because I don’t really have anything to add. I don’t think that I’ve really changed much from July to now (I mean, I could have, but I haven’t noticed it). So I think a goal for me would be to figure out more aspects in how I want to work on me… I can already think of a few, which I’ll share next week when I talk about my goals for next year.
I do want to just touch on the fact that I talked about self-care in July and I think I’ve been doing a good job of that in the second half of the year. I say no to things I don’t want to do, I do things (mostly) without feeling guilty, 2022 I’m hoping to continue on with this.
And that’s a wrap for me this year. I think I did pretty good, there is definitely room for improvement, but that is what the new year is for! What were some of your goals this year? Did you stick to them?