Hi friends, we are almost there, the end of 2020! I can’t believe we are finally getting ready to say goodbye to this trash fire year. Today I’m going to look back at the goals I set for myself in January (haha😂) and see where I ended up!
I’m going to try and not be too harsh on myself, seeing as this year has been not great. Let’s get into it!
Read more Canadian Authors. Hehm, well. At the mid-way point this year I had read 3… I honestly don’t think I’ve read more than that come the last 6 months. I also mentioned in July that I was trying to diversify my reading, and I’d like to think I’ve done a good job of that in the last 6 months.
Participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge. This can be a check on the list. I have participated and completed reading the 100 books I’ve set out to read. I’m not going to lie, I was a little worried I wouldn’t make it – I haven’t read 100 books in a year in a few years, but I did it!
Creating a Logo for the Blog. Again, like in July I still only have my header… I’m not going to lie I completely forgot about making a logo for my blog. I’m not going to pressure myself to create one in 2021 – if it happens, it happens.
More Bookish Content. Nothing has changed in the last 6 months. I’m still participating in WWW (last one coming tomorrow), which I’m really surprised I posted every single week this year. I’ve posted reviews – which won’t stop – I do plan to write up my best books in 2020, which I’ve never written a “best of” post before so I look forward to that!
Use My Socials More. Back in July I was not in the habit of using my socials. I’m still really bad at Twitter, as much as I want to tweet… I get very self conscious about what I tweet (as if anyone is reading my tweets 😂) but I have gotten back into bookstagram! I’ve met a lot of new bookstagramers and it’s really inspired me to post at least once a week. I have bigger plans for next year… more on that in my goals coming Friday!
Reach 1000 Followers on the Blog. I hit this in May, and I’m so thankful for everyone who stops by to read my rambles! I’m now at 1,143 followers, which is really exciting.
Try New Things. This is so vague!!! A goal for 2021 is to be more specific! I should have been keeping better notes because I don’t think I’ve tried anything new since I checked in… and even then I hadn’t tried anything new besides working from home, which I’m now a pro at!
Ride My Bike More.
This gif really sums that up. I still have not touched my bike since November of 2019? Possibly December 2019. Yeah, 2020 was not the year for me and bike riding. The year where bikes were a hot commodity – so much so they were being stolen – I couldn’t have been bothered to ride mine. Here’s looking at you, 2021!
Be More Active. In July I said
Let’s just take a look at the goal above shall we? I don’t leave my house much, if I do I walk around the block maybe 2-3 times a week and that’s about it. In January and into the end of last year I was obsessed with counting my steps, I’m embarrassed to say that my steps are seriously lacking; I’m lucky if I hit 500 a day.
I do stretch every morning, recently I’ve been dancing more, but that’s about the extent of my ‘activeness’.
Again, shall we look at my goal above and weep? On the days where I actually leave my house to go to the grocery store, or even if I met up with my friends at a social distance, I get very excited if I hit more than 1000 steps. These days, meaning the last month I’m lucky to hit 400 steps, but I can’t be too harsh on myself…
Be Less Harsh on Myself. Some days are harder than others, but I think I’ve done a good job of better to myself. Again, I feel like this goal is kinda vague.
Let Go. I want to say that I’m doing better with this too. I feel like I finally have a set of friends who I love and I’ve let go of the bad. I’m also stilling working towards letting go of things when it comes to work, but again I feel like I’ve been better with that too.
Do more of my favourite hobbies. Alright, let’s see how this went:
- I want to pick up baking. I think this fell off the wayside in the last 6 months. I’ve made a total of 4 things, cookies, an apple cake loaf, pumpkin pie and a pumpkin chocolate cake. I have this goal that I want to bake something every weekend, but that is SO ambitious!
- Knitting. I am still going strong with the knitting – so strong that I posted a video on my Instagram about knitting and thinking about making it a monthly check in come 2021. I think I managed to make 4 scarves and I’m on a 5th right now.
- Traveling. Like I mentioned in July, no traveling is happening for me. I went to a cottage in Georgina, Ontario in August, but that’s as far as I’ve gone.
- Duolingo. I am still going very strong with this. In November I reached the 365 day streak and I’ve just kept going because why not. At the time of writing this (the Friday before this goes live) I’m at a 396 day streak.
- TV watching. I still find this funny that I put this here – at the beginning of the year I really wanted to finish ER, well with the library being shutdown for the better part of the year I haven’t gotten very far. I’m currently watching season 14 so I’ve got a season and a half left. I feel 2021 will be the year I finish it!
I also mentioned I wanted to watch Heroes and Dear White People, both of which I’ve now completed! Look at me go!
And that’s a wrap on my goals for 2020! I didn’t do too badly. It could have been worse. I will have my 2021 goals up on Friday, hopefully they will be more detailed so I can complete them better!
Did you complete your goals for 2020? Plan on making some for 2021?