Hi friends, it’s Friday— I hope that July has been treating you all well, even though yes it’s only 3 days in. Since we’ve now got the first half of 2020 behind us, I felt it was time to check in with the goals I set for myself back in January.
I haven’t looked at the goals I set back in January yet, but I already know that I’m not going to be on track, so here we go!
Read more Canadian Authors. Well, I have to say I’ve read 3 books by Canadian authors. I’m hoping to get more in by the end of the year, we shall see. Right now I’ve really been trying to diversify my reading.
Participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge. That I can say I’m still actively working towards. I’m 49/100 books and as of right now I’m being told I’m on track.
Creating a Logo for the Blog. Welp, that hasn’t happened yet, but what has happened is I’m finally happy with how my blog looks. I created a header that I’m proud of. There are a few other things I want to change, but I still have half the year to work on it.
More Bookish Content. I’ve participated in WWW each week so I’m happy about that. I had ideas at the beginning of the year for more bookish content and I still have an ideas but who knows if they’ll see the light of day, I still have time.
Use My Socials More. 😂😂😂 I’m just going to laugh at this one because I think the first couple months of the year I was good with using my social platforms, but then COVID hit and the world erupted and I just dropped off. I feel bad about how little I’ve been using it, I think about tweeting, but then it just feels so irrelevant and so I don’t bother. Maybe one day I’ll get back into it.
Reach 1000 Followers on the Blog. I can’t believe that I hit this in May! Thank you to everyone who has come by and decided to give my blog a follow, it truly means a lot to me. I never would have thought I’d have this many followers, but here I am, so thanks! I hope you enjoy the content ☺️
Try New Things. Can I classify working from home a ‘new thing’? Because I haven’t done that before this year began. Aside from that, I haven’t really done anything new, I need to get on that.
Ride My Bike More.
This is the perfect gif for this goal. I haven’t even touched my bike since I put it away last November, sOooOoo. I can only hope that I’ll get on it soon, but I make no promises. I see people riding their bikes and it gives me hope and inspiration, but it’s not enough for me to get on it and actually ride it. 😐
Be More Active. Let’s just take a look at the goal above shall we? I don’t leave my house much, if I do I walk around the block maybe 2-3 times a week and that’s about it. In January and into the end of last year I was obsessed with counting my steps, I’m embarrassed to say that my steps are seriously lacking; I’m lucky if I hit 500 a day.
I do stretch every morning, recently I’ve been dancing more, but that’s about the extent of my ‘activeness’.
Be Less Harsh on Myself. If I’m being honest, the last few month have been a struggle; I think I’ve been the most harsh on myself and I’m trying to get out of that mindset; trying to fight the good fight with everything going on in the world.
Let Go. This is still goal that I have to work towards, as you can see from the above goal.
Do more of my favourite hobbies. Alright, let’s see how well I did here:
- I want to pick up baking. I’ve done some baking; the whole month of April I managed to bake every weekend. So far this year I’ve made cookies, a lemon loaf, a chocolate cake, pecan sandies, and brownies.
- Knitting. THIS I can say I’ve done. Almost every day I’ve put some stitches into a scarf. So far I’ve managed to finish 3 scarves and I’m currently working on a fourth!
- Traveling. Well, I think we can agree that, that is not happening any time soon. I did manage to go to Niagara Falls in January before everything closed.
- Duolingo. I’m still going strong with learning French on Duolingo… I’m still gunning for a 365 day streak… I’m at 221 days. I’m so nervous about missing a day now!
- TV watching. So, in January, the only show I really said I wanted to finish this year was ER and that’s been put on hold as I’ve been borrowing the DVDs from the library and with the library being closed I haven’t been able to watch. At the beginning of the year I was at season 10, now I’m at season 12- only 3 more seasons, I’m getting closer!
I do have other shows that I’m investing in, like Heroes, and other shows I’d like to start, Dear White People, but I don’t want to drag this on! 😅
Alright, that’s a wrap of where I’m at so far with my goals. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I’m hoping that by the end of the year I’ll be able to be more active and to be better to myself.