Hi guys! Happy Thursday! Today I’m going to be taking part in the Liebster Award for the fourth time! Thank you Lauren @Narrative Paradise for tagging me! 😀
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
List your favourite book genre and your favourite film genre. How do they compare?
Hmm, good question because I’m into a lot of different genres. My favourite book genre would probably be either contemporary or mystery. My favourite film genre, I’ve never really thought about it, but I love romcoms and mysteries as well. If I’m being honest when I watch things I have to be in the mood to watch it, otherwise I won’t watch it. When it comes to reading I’m not like that, I’ll read whatever, whenever. I don’t know why that is. Something to think deeper about.
What would you wear if you thought you could pull it off?
Honestly? I’d totally try to pull off the dark, goth look. I don’t know I’ve always wanted to dress in dark clothes, kinda like Abby from NCIS:
Do you have a favourite spOoOoOky podcast? If so, what is it?
Haha, I love this! I wish I had an answer for it though, I don’t. None of the podcasts I listen to are spooky! 😝
Surprise! You’re a mage! Just like the girls in Avalon: Web of Magic! (Just go with it.) What kind of mage would you like to be?
a. Healer, aventurine jewel, magical ferret pal 🐱
b. Warrior, tiger’s eye jewel, mistwolf sidekick 🐺
c. Blazing Star, sparkly unicorn jewel, flying leopard friend 🐆
I don’t know this book, but this sounds interesting! Hmm, I’d probably be the mistwolf sidekick, I like being the sidekick!
Work just promised free lunch on Friday! What kind of food do you hope they serve?
Oh man, when it comes to food, I always have to be in the mood for what I’m eating; ya I’m moody 😛
But what I’m always down for is shrimp! I love all kinds of shrimp, so any dish with it, I’d eat it!
Congratulations. You are now the protagonist of a novel. Describe in detail the personality of your nemesis, rival, or best friend.
Wow, in detail. I don’t know how well I’ll do with this, as details have never been my strong suit, but here we go.
I’ll do my nemesis because I think that may be the easiest: so they are sly and everything rolls off their shoulders, like nothing phases them. They effortlessly get under my skin by making it seem like I’m the problem, with their quick ease of diverting problems away from themselves. They think only of themselves and what benefits them. They think they know everything there is to know about everything and no one else could possibly know anything about a given topic; even if you want to add your point, they won’t let you because their word is law and nothing else matters.
I think that sums it up… I hope that was detailed enough!
What is your favourite scent? What does that scent do for you?
Oooo, probably a campfire, or when someone is burning leaves, SO good! I think it’s probably because it reminds me of being a kid and sitting around a campfire at night.
For TV watchers: do you prefer long seasons with short episodes or short seasons with longer episodes?
I think I’m going to go with long seasons and short episodes. I like knowing I can breeze through a season, even if there are a lot of them. It makes me feel like I’m moving through something fast. When there are a lot of epiosdes I feel like a season drags.
What colour do you like to see on book covers?
Purple, because it’s my favourite! 😀
Good books have beautiful writing, memorable characters, and a compelling plot. Which one can you live without?
I think I can live without the beautiful writing. I’ve read quite a few books where the writing hasn’t been beautiful, but everything else was done really well and enjoyed them.
Compare and contrast the best book you ever read with the worst book you ever read.
At this point I’ve read close to 850 books (give or take) in my life, this is hard. The best book: since I re-read it every year I’ll go with Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray. The worst book: ah I haven’t finished re-reading Stephanie Meyer’s Breaking Dawn, but I know it’s one of the worst books ever.
It’s funny, the best I chose is only 210 pages and the worst is 600(ish). Stephanie Meyer wastes words, she has all these words and for no purpose, just for the sake of her book being long it feels. Then nothing freakin’ happens for pages upon pages. With Dorian Gray, things happen fast, and there are important lessons to be learned… are there any important lessons to be learned in Breaking Dawn? Yeah, don’t marry a vampire, get pregnant with his mutant baby and have your werewolf best friend try and help you survive. Meeehhhhh.
11 Facts About Myself
- Since I’m posting this in October, I love October! It’s spooky and cool and the leaves change colour (although the first day of October here was 30 degrees C, yikes!)
- October also means that I bake more! I’m looking forward to trying some pumpkin recipes! My goal is to try and bake every weekend in October!
- October ALSO means that I can start wearing my sweaters and socks (I LOVE patterned socks!) and scarves!
- That being said though, I hate wearing socks in the summer, bleh!
- Moving away from that theme… I talk with my hands… sometimes I talk with my whole body, I’m so strange, I was recently called animated, so I’ll take it since people seem to think it’s funny.
- Speaking of, people tell me I’m funny (is that a fact?) I’ve always been able to make people laugh, and sometimes I don’t have to do very much 😂
- I’m also HELLA LOUD. I don’t have a library voice. As much as I would love to be able to whisper… lord knows I can’t.
- I’m passionate. That’s a nice way of saying I can yell like no other. When something gets on my nerves, boy you’ll hear it. If I love something, boy you’ll still hear it. A lot of people confuse my laughter for crying and vice versa. 😭
- I’m also HELLA intense. There’s a reason I only have a number of close people in my life, I’m TOO intense for people to deal with. And hey, I’m okay with that, small groups are good for me, and it just means those people are very special.
- Which I guess I can lead into another fact: I choose people wisely. I like to hand pick people I let into my life and trust. Trust doesn’t come easy for me, so hence the small friend group too. Only so many people can handle the Meghan 😂
- This got way more personal than I ever intended it to, so final fact about me: I have a love hate relationship with food because I’m such a textual person, so #sorrynotsorry but I HATE avocados, mushrooms, butter, apple sauce and anything with those same like textures.
And that’s all she wrote! Wow, that was harder than I thought it would be, yet I had fun doing it! As for tags, I’m going to let anyone who wants to do this take a stab at it. Answer Lauren’s questions, if you dare because they sure made me think! 🙂