Hi guys! Happy Thursday! I’m back with another tag. So I had no idea I’ve done this tag twice now! Thank you to the lovely Jenna @Bookmark Your Thoughts who tagged me to do this for a third time. I’m honoured, so thanks girlie! 💞😊If you don’t follow Jenna, well you better get on that, you won’t meet a nicer human!
Now onto the tag!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How Whimsically Meghan came to be:
I’m going to try and keep this brief because I feel like I’ve said this story before multiple times. I’ve always loved documenting things and so starting this blog was a no-brainer. I’d used WordPress for a school blog so I thought, why not make one for my reviews. At this point in my life I had been blogging before, but the site that housed my blog decided to go in a Buzzfeed type of route getting rid of original content creators, so I was out, with nowhere to go, so I turned to WordPress. Who knew there was such a community here? I didn’t, but I’m so glad I found it!
The name I came up with after I’d already been here a year and a bit, because Meghan’s blog was kinda boring. I liked the W in whimsical because it can be transposed to an M (in which I have yet to still make a logo… 3 years later 😅) but I think it suits both me personally and the blog with the content I create so I don’t see that changing anytime soon!
Advice for new bloggers and my readers:
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. I’ve seen bloggers worry about posting non bookish content, and I, for the life of me, don’t understand this. We are human; we are allowed to like different things, so show people that! I love hearing about people’s hobbies outside books, it makes them rounded humans and gives you more to talk about and bond over!
- Appreciate what you do and what you create. I know bloggers can get stressed out over having to do everything all the time, I know I’m one of those bloggers. Hi, my name’s Meghan and I’m a blogging addict!
Honestly, let it be and things will come together organically. Don’t have time for commenting on others blogs? That’s OK. Don’t have time to publish/or write up a post? That’s OK. Don’t have time to read? That’s OK. We all feel this need to be constantly going so as to feel relevant in the mass of blogs that crop up every day, but it’s okay to take a step back, look at the hard work you’ve already created and actually appreciate it… yes I realize that I should just be talking to myself…
Those are my pieces of advice, take what you will from them. I hope it resonates with someone.
I think by now I’ve tagged close to 15 people so here are 5 more:
Here’s some more friendly advice, don’t feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to do, like this tag. This is meant to be fun, and if you see this tag and want to join in, please go ahead and consider yourself tagged!