Hi guys! Happy Wednesday! So Jenna @Bookmark Your Thoughts tagged me in this wonderful tag about uplifting music and mental health and it dawned on me that #BellLetsTalk day is today so what a perfect way to spread the word. Thank you so much Jenna, I really had fun with this!
Before I get into the whole tag rules, for those of you who aren’t Canadian, or don’t know the story behind the hashtag #BellLetsTalk a little backstory: the Canadian service provider Bell has made it their initiative for the past 9 years to promote mental health in Canada and to help end the stigma. Every year a day is picked at the end of January when you can use the hashtag #BellLetsTalk on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or in text and Bell will donate 5¢ to mental health programs across the country.
For more information, I’ll leave the link to to their website: Bell Lets Talk
Now onto the tag.
- Link back to ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ creator, Laura Spoonie.
- Tag the blogger who nominated you.
- Mention how music helps your Mental Health.
- List 10 songs that you would consider to be a part of your ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ (optional: mention a little bit why each song is on your list).
- Tag 10 other bloggers to join in with the ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ Challenge.
1. Hard Times: Paramore
This song just makes me want to get up and dance. Even though the lyrics aren’t the happiest, it comes from a place where things were hard, but looking up.
2. High Hopes: Panic! At The Disco
Another banger, like don’t you just want to get up and dance? Another song about looking up.
3. There’s Nothing Holding Me Back: Shawn Mendes
This is the song that got me into Mendes. He is definitely a skilled musician and this song is so fun to sing along to.
4. Woman: Kesha
Off of Kesha’s latest album, this song is all about empowering women. I love singing along to this.
5. Two Doors Down: Dolly Parton
A lot of people don’t know this about me, but I actually really like Dolly Parton. When the movie Dumplin’ came out it just reminded me how much I love this song. This will always get me off my bed and dancing around my room. Another uplifting song.
6. Don’t Come Down: The Maine
This doesn’t need much explanation. The Maine are my heart and soul; the air that I breathe. I can’t even begin to explain how much they mean to me (can it be March so I can listen to their album?!) This song can always put a smile on my face 😀
7. Give Me Your Hand: The Ready Set
This was my jam in 2012… man it’s still a bop. You can’t tell me this doesn’t make you want to get up and dance!
8. Say You’ll Be There: The Spice Girls
This is my absolute favourite Spice Girls song… this also just makes me want to get up and dance.
9. We Don’t Have to Dance: Andy Black
A little on the darker side, but it’s still so good!
10. Come With Me Now: KONGOS.
I forgot about this gem of a song.
I feel like I could add song after song, it’s good we’re stoping at ten.
Normally I would tag 10 others to do this, but I’m super wiped so if you see this tag; you love this tag; you go for it and do this tag!
Have a good one!