Hi everyone happy Thursday! I was tagged by the lovely Kiara @The Nerdy Bibliophile. Thank you so much for tagging me 😀 Let’s get started!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you’d like to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them, providing a link to the post you’ve created. (Please make sure you do this step! Otherwise they won’t know you’ve tagged them until they check the referral portion of their stats.)
So this blog started when the website I was using to blog before hand changed the way they were going host content on their website. (They went from user based content, a lot of original pieces of artwork/photography/writing/vlogging, to a website catered to celebrity gossip… tell me about it, it was a drastic change for everyone who ever cared about this website… the kicker is they said they’d send all our files to us in a zip folder… and I don’t think anyone ever got their content [my zip folder didn’t open, when I finally received it, as some didn’t even receive it]). I can say that I didn’t lose everything because I have *almost* everything saved in Word Docs, but there were some earlier things I did lose. It’s funny years later and I can still find the bitter-taste this whole ordeal has left in my mouth, you’d think time would erase it, haha nope!
Anyways. All that to say I needed to find a new outlet to host my ramblings; I had used WordPress to host blogs for university so I figured… even though I’m not in school anymore, this could be a good place to do so. I had NO idea there were was this whole other world of blogging on WordPress, and I’m certainly glad I found it!
Advice to New Bloggers:
- ‘You Do You’. As Kiara stated ‘do you’ so my advice is ‘you do you’. I think I say this every single day, it’s what I live by. Do what you want, it’s your blog, who’s to tell you that can’t? Skies the limit!
- Show a little love. Comment. Blog Hop. One thing I’ve learned over the years is everyone is friendly… everyone loves receiving comments, so why not give them in return? It’s a give-and-go lifestyle I’ve noticed.
These might seem like clichéd pieces of advice, but I think they are really good things to keep in mind, plus I’ll add in a bonus #3 (since this is the second time doing this tag):
3. Know that things take time. Whether that be with follows/page counts/or even writing posts! Gaining followers doesn’t happen overnight and if that’s why you got into blogging in the first place, well then you’ve gotten into this for the wrong reasons. It also takes time to create content, blog posts don’t write themselves… it’s taken me all weekend to write this one. Just know it takes time to grow to be the best you can be, with the best people!
I know it says to nominate 15 bloggers, but I’mma cut that to 5.