Hello everyone, happy Thursday! I hope everyone’s week is going well. Today I’m going to be doing the Listicle Tag. I was tagged by both Lois & David @LoisReadsBooks and Birdie @Birdie Bookworm. Thank you both of you! Let’s get started!
- Create your own listicle tag, using the prompt from the person who tagged you.
- Tag the creator of the post (not-so-modern-girl!) so that I can read all your brilliant posts and see how the joy of listicles is being spread.
- Nominate as many people as you want!
- Set those people the subject/prompt of their listicle post!
5 Books you would recommend the next generation to read!
- This is always going to be The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Inspiring, and a great piece of work showing the not so pleasant attributes of being forever young.
- Fan Girl by: Rainbow Rowell. Teaches a lot of lessons in writing and reading.
- The Book of Awesome by Neil Patricha. This makes you stop and remember the good in life.
- Any Stephen King book (although 11/22/63 is my favourite) to see how horror and terror is done right.
- Also anything by Roald Dahl. (My favourite being The BFG) All of his books have such great meanings behind them, great for children and adults alike!
Name 5 Exceptional Book to Movie Adaptations
- First and foremost Harry Potter was done really, really well.
- The Last Song. From the book by Nicholas Sparks, my favourite of them all, and I know that things got changed but it still told the story and got the point across.
- The Time Traveller’s Wife. From the book by Audrey Niffenegger. This was done really well.
- The Da Vinci Code. From the book by Dan Brown. I enjoyed all of those movies, they were just as good as the books. Or well I thought at the time… it’s been years since I saw those movies.
- Alice in Wonderland. From the book by Lewis Carroll. I liked both Disney remakes, they were both very well done.
Man I could keep going, there are quite a few movies I actually enjoyed.
I’m going to nominate just a few:
My prompt: Top 5 places books have made you dream of going.
I have vacation on the brain, I just got back from Nashville!
Thank you guys again for the tag, this was lots of fun! 🙂