Hi friends! Happy Friday! I was tagged by Lois and David @Lois Reads Books, thank you so much for the nomination, so let’s get right to it! 😀
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
Well, I feel like I have said this a million times on my blog, but I started here back in 2015 with all my thoughts in Word documents, and nowhere to put them. I had used WordPress for classes at school, and thought ‘why not make one for myself?’. So I made an account, came up with a lame name (I used to just be Meghan’s Blog, which tells you nothing about my blog, just that I have one and that’s my name.) and began throwing up all my content; I literally posted every day of the week. I have to also say when I started I did not have a full time job so I had that luxury to post so frequent.
All the content I had was 5+ years of work I had already published on a website called Buzznet, but that website decided to take away user content generated posts, and therefore my account there was permanently deleted. I’m not lying meghan93.buzznet.com no longer exists on the Internet, isn’t that crazy?
There is a website called The Wayback Machine that let’s you go back to any website to see what it looked like at any given time, so I thought I’d share some screencaps, because all the content is whipped the images are gone. Apparently it only saved two so:
Yes I was ob-sess-ed with My Chemical Romance, I would also like to think I’ve come a long way in my writing skills, less exclamation points, ha! (!!!!!!!!!!) 🙂
Yeah that’s me and an ex… weird how that’s the only image that showed up, also my Twitter feed still works as that tweet I tweeted last week 😛
Yes, the site went through a major make-over in 2009/2010 that’s why the two images look different, the first looks like very early Internet ha!
I feel like I’m the worst person to give advice, I suck with this stuff, but from what I’ve learned in the two years I’ve been here is:
- Don’t give up. I know that blogging can be this really big thing, but once you find that thing that you want to talk about and tell everyone about, it actually becomes really fun. This leads me to a second,
- Don’t stress the small stuff. So what you can’t post every day, I doubt everyone who is following your blog will be disappointed; they are probably in the same boat. Plus here’s a bonus:
- Everyone in the book community is extremely friendly! So don’t be afraid to say hello on someone’s post if you like what you read, isn’t that how we all make friends?
Okay that’s it for me today. I’m not going to tag 15 people because I’m sure this award has made itself around and back so here are a few people, who I think haven’t done it (if you have, you can ignore it) and deserve it: