Hi guys, Happy Monday! Today I’m finally going to get around to doing The Sunshine Award I was tagged to do a few weeks ago. Thank you to Paige at Paige’s Page, and Sarah at readingandwritingposter for nominating me to do this, please show some love and follow both of these ladies if you don’t already!
RULES OF THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
1. Answer 11 questions from your nominator
2. Nominate 11 other blogs and ask them 11 questions
11 QUESTIONS FROM PAIGE
1. What fortress from a fantasy book would you most want to be inside if you were under attack?
This a kind of a lame answer, but the first thing I thought of was the world inside the Land of Stories, which I’m currently reading. I would love to be in Little Red Riding Hoods castle in a room full of baskets (although if there was fire, I don’t know how well that would go down). Or even up the bean stalk with Jack and the giants. There are so many places to go in that fairy tale world.
2. If you could pick any artist – living or dead – to design all of your blog graphics, who would it be and why?
This one is easy for me, it would definitely be Gerard Way, from My Chemical Romance. His artistic abilities are super cool and I’d love for him to draw me as a comic character. That would be something super awesome to have on my homepage.
3. What is one trait that you envy most in other people and why?
Their organizational skills. I wish I could be just as organized as Monica Geller, (from Friends) and when I see people who are (almost) as organized as her it makes me wish I had my life together like that. Colour coding and sticky notes are just so amazing.
4. What three book characters would you want in your dream high school posse?
Gosh hard question, let me just go back and think of every book I’ve ever read now…
I really love Don Tillman from The Rosie Project, he would be the really smart and organized one. Joni from What You Left Behind because she’s spunky and I love her attitude. And lastly just because Jace from the Mortal Instruments. I’ve loved his witty banter that I know people don’t like, but gosh I’m not going to lie, I like that in a guy.
5. If your house were on fire and you only had time to save one book, what would it be and why is it so special to you?
I would definitely save The Picture of Dorian Gray. I absolutely adore that novel, it’s one of the only novels I bring out and read every year (although every time I see it in the store I want to buy it all over again). There’s something about the story telling that I really love, the creepy-ness, it’s just so good.
6. What fellow book blogger inspires you the most and why? (Tag them to send them some love!)
You all inspire me, I’m not just saying this as a cop out, I mean it. Every time I see your posts it makes me strive to want to produce better material. I’ve actually been trying a lot more recently so I hope it’s showing!
7. What is one small thing you can do today to surprise someone with kindness?
Apparently baking my brother brownies, since he needs them for school.
8. Can you name one story that you believe can be enjoyed universally?
Can I say The Picture of Dorian Gray? I think a lot of people could really like it (not that millions don’t already do) but like I mentioned before the story-telling is so worth the read, if the characters aren’t already.
9. Can you think of three songs that would make the perfect soundtrack to your favourite book?
Talk about hard questions! I’m trying to think of songs that go with London in the 19th century and I just keep thinking classical pieces. If we made the novel (The Picture of Dorian Gray) modern, the first song I thought of was “Last Resort” by Papa Roach ha! I would also say “Death of A Bachelor” by Panic at the Disco, and “American Beauty/American Psycho” by Fall Out Boy
10. If you were an inter-dimensional tourist, what fictional place would you most like to visit for holiday?
Gosh with all the real places I want to visit, you want to know what fictional world I want to visit? I want to go to Hogwarts like every millennial, I would also really like to visit the different Londons in a A Darker Shade of Magic, that would be fun.
11. Can you describe your fondest childhood reading experience?
I remember being read to a lot. One of my favourites has to be when I was reading Harry Potter on my own, it was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban, and I was just outside chilling, that is my favourite Harry Potter novel.
11 QUESTIONS FROM SARAH
1. What are you most excited to do a post about in the near future?
Any photo blogs. I’m always excited to show off my photography, even if it’s not that good. I like showcasing anything that is not book related because it makes my blog look more diverse.
2. What encouraged you to start a blog?
I have had a blog for well over five years, close to seven now, but as I’ve mentioned all that content got wiped. But I’ve aways liked sharing my thoughts on EVERYTHING, so when my old blog got taken from me I needed a place to hold all my musing and thoughts. I love documenting my life, and blogging is a great way to keep track of it all.
3. Favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
I want to say Harry Potter, because those were done quite well (although after a recent re-read, and movie watch, I’ve realized they left so much out and changed quite a bit). The Maze Runner movie were really well done, picking a favourite is hard.
4. If you could live in any state (or country if you live outside of the U.S.), which one would you choose?
I would choose to live in Germany, possibly Berlin. But I know somewhere in Germany. I don’t know what it is about the place but it feels like home. I think I was German in a past life.
5. If you could become part of a book, which one would you be in, and which character are you most like/want to be like?
I’d say Fangirl, I’d live like Cath. I connected with her so much when I read the book, it made me want to start writing again; that novel is so inspiring to other writers and readers.
6. Say you were to only be able to keep ONE of the books you own, to reread over and over, which one would you keep?
The Picture of Dorian Gray. No questions.
7. Do you prefer to do Writing, Reading, or Art most?
I guess now I would say reading. I used to write a lot more, but I’ve slowed down due to wanting to read more.
8. What’s the prettiest book cover of a book you’ve read and enjoyed
The Mortal Instruments I love all those covers, I find them so pretty.
9. Which Harry Potter house and Divergent faction would you be in?
I still want to take the Pottermore quiz to find out what house I’m in, but to me I’m in Slytherin.
I don’t think I really fit into a faction, they are all so nice, maybe Dauntless, although I don’t think I’m that brave. I guess I would say either Divergent, or Dauntless. According to a quick test I took, I’m Divergent so there you go!
10. What is your favorite colour? (…but why? Is it orange because it reminds you of watching the sunset? Or is it ‘Effie’s hair orange’?)🙂 ha ha
My favourite colour is purple, I don’t now why. I’ve loved the colour since I was a kid. There’s something about all the different shades that I love; it’s also very calming,
11. What are your favorite types of posts to read on other blogs?
I like reading people’s discussion posts, or rants, whether that be about books or not. Anything book related I also like reading, so tags, reviews, weekly memes. It’s all good to read.
I’m going to tag some of my new followers. If you’ve done this, or don’t want to do it, I’m cool with that.
Melissa at BookNerdMomo
Chelsey at The Heart and the Page
Coral at Reading My Life Away
Louise at Geniereads
Shouni at Through the Book Portal
Emma at It’s a Readers Life
Sam at One Bookish Girl
Romana at A Book Nerd
Gretchen at Chic Nerd Reads
Lauren at Wonderless Reviews
Amy at Novel Gossip
- How do you read? While listening to music, etc? Or do you prefer to read in silence?
- If you listen to music, what do you listen to? If you listen in silence, why?
- If you could pick a book or series and turn it into a TV show, which would it be?
- What’s your favourite TV show, and why?
- Favourite cuisine?
- How long does to take to write a blog post?
- Do you schedule your posts or post on a whim?
- What’s the best audiobook you’ve listened to?
- Have you ever lived outside of the place you were born?
- Is there a place you would rather live?
- Money not being an option, what is the first thing you would do?